Friday 28 August 2015

Celine Dion Returns to Las Vegas Stage After Year-Long Hiatus

The 'My Heart Will Go On' hitmaker returned to her Las Vegas residency at Caesars Palace's Colosseum on Thursday night, August 27.


Celine Dion returned to her stage at Caesar Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas on Thursday night, August 27. The "Because You Loved Me" songstress previously took more than a year's absence to care for her ailing husband Rene Angelil. 

In some photos obtained by PEOPLE, Celine donned a plunging glittery long dress and a yellow sleeveless, flowing gown for her show. The 47-year-old singer styled her hair in voluminous curls. Prior to the show, she revealed to reporters during a press conference that it was Rene who insisted she return. 

"The meaning of songs have a new meaning now," Celine told reporters. "I sung them, but now I mean it. To me they'll be different songs. To you, maybe not." She added of her husband who is battling throat cancer, "I am scared of losing him, because it's bad. But I have to show myself, my husband and my kids that I'm strong and we're okay." 

The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker confessed, "I didn't want to be here at first. I don't need it. Don't get me wrong, I love singing for people, but I have priorities. My three children and my husband wanted me to be here tonight." At the end of the press conference, Celine sent a message to Rene, saying, "Just enjoy, just enjoy. I love you." 

Following the show, Celine thanked her fans on Twitter, "Thank you for all your love. Tonight was not a new day, tonight was not really a new show. Tonight was a new beginning." 

No comments:

Post a Comment