Saturday 29 September 2012

J Martins' Birthday Gift to Fans


Popular songwriter and highlife musician, Justice Martins, who is well known as J-Martins will definitely be the toast of many Nigerians today as he unveils his new single,"Kpomo"on a day he is also marking
 his birthday anniversary.

The award-winning singer, featured many African stars in his new songs.

Speaking to Showtime, ahead of today's party, which holds at a hangout in GRA, Lagos, the trail blazing producer said he decided to 'bless' his fans with a surprise on his birthday." Also, he wants to use the event to thank God for all He has done for him in the past seven years he debuted as a musician.

According to him, "spending seven years as a performing artistes is something that is worth celebrating. It is not when I have spent between ten and fifteen years that I will roll out the drums to celebrate my achievements. Seven years is a number of perfection and I thought that since my birthday is around the corner, it is ideal for me to release my new single to mark my birthday."

"Also, I decided to release my new single as a way of appreciating my fans who have stayed with me all these years."

Describing as "tough, hectic and discouraging"the road she has travelled so far as a musician, J Martins said the title of his new song is in line with the philosophy of his music.

"You may want to ask why the title Kpomo? If you have been following my music right from when I released my first album, you would notice that in all my songs, I tried to use words that deal with 'real life' issues such as 'which kind life be this' , 'Juba Juba', 'Oyoyo', a song I drew the inspiration from legendary Majek Fashek, "Eva'and others."

"The reason I chose the word 'Kpomo' is because it's not only catchy, but also, it reflects the lyrics of what I have been doing over the years. The musician said the single was conceived in the US while he was on tour.

J Martins who came into limelight with his hit single, 'Good or Bad' which featured P-Square and Timaya, said following the fact that his music has gone beyond the shores of the country, he has a commitment to give his outside fans something that will be acceptable to them.

For J Martins, his journey into the world of music can be likened to writing a book. In his words, "I cannot say I have come of age. Rather, I will liken my journey to a book. After seven years on stage, I have had the introduction, and I'm about to start writing the book."

Being an easy-going, who hates to sing his glory in the pages of newspapers, J Martins said, each year he celebrates his birthday anniversary, he usually visit homes of the physically challenged children to show love to them.

Meanwhile, there are indications that the new single will hit other African countries the moment it is released into the market.

J-Martins became an international artiste after he dragged Fally Ipupa into his hit singel 'Jupa' remix. He didn't stop there as he went further to feature a singer from Angola, Cabo Snoop in one of his songs, which became a hit across Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment